Improve the hatching rate of ostrich
(A) scientific feeding and management
1. Full-price balanced nutrition. Ostrich nutrition level is the basic factor affecting hatching rate, ostrich breeding feed metabolizable energy requirements of 11.3 kJ / kg, crude fat should be limited to 6% - 8%; protein 18% - 24% The content of the crude fiber is 10%, the content of calcium is 4%, the content of amino acid is 10%, the content of amino acid is 10%, the content of amino acid is 1.04, lysine is 0.86, methionine is 0.73, phenylalanine is 0.95 and valine is 1.02. - 4.5%, available phosphorus 0.4%, sodium 0.3%, magnesium 0.25%, vitamin E is 80 IU / kg, should pay attention to the quality of green feed, appropriate supplement pantothenic acid and other trace elements. According to the study, adult ostrich in the breeding season, feeding the nutritional content of diets for the low-energy, high protein, high cellulose, and meat and bone meal, blood meal instead of fish meal, you can get a higher hatching rate.
2. Healthy management. First of all, should maintain the appropriate movement, weight control. Ostrich in the laying period, should prevent weight too fat or too thin, otherwise, affect reproduction. Second, the proportion of male and female should be reasonable, generally 1: 2, if the birds do outstanding, can be increased to 1: 3 - 4. Finally, should strengthen the daily management, reasonable ostrich laying nest, timely removal of feces and picking eggs, keep the aviary clean and dry to prevent bacterial contamination, elimination of non-fertility or lack of "climb" ability of male birds, During ostrich breeding, do not just switch to the bar, the replacement of breeders or ostrich suddenly to avoid ostriches such as frightened by the stress, such as birds and sports grounds on a regular basis for disinfection of ostriches quarantine, epidemic prevention, and maintain bird health.
(B) strict selection of eggs. Eggs must come from good, healthy birds, the selection of eggs, the first shell eggs, shell eggs, steel preserved eggs and too large, too small, too flat, too round, polluted area is too large egg selection. Immediately on the output of the eggs should not be immediately hatch, to store more than 24 hours, but preferably not more than 6 days, the preservation of the temperature to 15 ℃ is appropriate. If the shelf life of more than 6 days, the need to reduce the temperature, save eggs, the relative humidity should be 70% - 80%, and pay attention to the storage room ventilation. Save eggs, the bulk down, flip 1 day.
(C) improve the health disinfection measures
1. Ostrich egg storage room disinfection. Every 2 days with a disinfectant wipe the floor 1, every 2 weeks a comprehensive cleaning, disinfection, and with formalin solution for fumigation.
2. Eggs disinfection. Ostrich egg, the breeder to use sterile gauze catch, and then sent to the incubator room disinfection, sterilization dose per square meter with 37% formalin 42 ml, 21 grams of potassium permanganate, fumigation for 30 minutes. If there is no catch, with the disinfectant soaked gauze to wipe the surface dirt, immediately sent to the incubator disinfection. Before incubation, with disinfectant (temperature not more than 40 ℃) soak 20 - 30 seconds, and then dry with sterile dry gauze can be incubated eggs hatch.
3. Sterilization of the incubator. Incubator floor every two days with a disinfectant drag rub 1, walls, ceilings every half months with a disinfectant spray 1, 1 month to conduct a comprehensive cleaning 1.
4. Incubator disinfection. Before each incubation, incubator inside and outside and surface to use disinfectant wipe again, and with formalin fumigation.
(D) the appropriate incubation conditions
1. Suitable temperature. Experiments show that room temperature in the 18 - 25 ℃, if the use of incubation temperature, incubation temperature control at 37 ℃ the best, with room temperature, the incubation temperature may be appropriate to reduce. The incubation period can be divided into early, middle and late, the temperature can be controlled to 36.5 ℃, 36 ℃, 35.5 ℃, the corresponding relative humidity of 22%, 23%, 25%. And eggs can be large, medium and small or heavy, medium and light three grades, the implementation of extension hatching, can improve the hatching rate and health care rate.
2. Suitable humidity. For the incubation temperature, pre-incubation humidity can be controlled at 20% - 25%, into the hatching machine humidity should be relatively increased, usually 30% - 40%, relatively high humidity is conducive to the late pecking shells.
3. Reasonable ventilation and cold eggs. Embryonic development requires fresh air and plenty of oxygen, carbon dioxide and a variety of harmful gases do not exceed the standard, therefore, should be regularly ventilation. Ostrich eggs larger, thicker eggshells, especially in the late heat more, should pay attention to the cold eggs.
(E) the correct operation of the incubation process. Into the incubation, be sure to make the ostrich egg bulk up, according to storage period, laying period to distinguish batches, carefully recorded, try not to mixed incubation, so as to avoid the hatching of confusion; hatching process to turn eggs; : Egg selection - → disinfection - → storage room - → incubation room - → into the incubation - → disinfection - → out of the birds - → hair birds operations, to avoid cross-infection.